What are the requirements specific to the Robert Beane '58 Internship Scholar Program?
- Students must have an internship secured at the time of application.
- Application must include TWO letters of recommendations.
What are the general eligibility requirements for all summer internship funding programs?
- Applicants must be enrolled as a Lafayette student in fall 2021.
- The internship may not be part of an academic program abroad.
- Internships secured through a fee-based, internship placement service are not eligible.
- Applicants must be interning for an employer other than Lafayette College.
- The internship must be at least 240 hours.
- Applicants must be in good academic and social standing.
- Applicants may be doing the internship for Department credit or for INT 200 credit. Contact the Registrar’s office or website for information.
- International Students MUST contact Janine Block for information about academic credit & CPT authorization.
- Students awarded funding through any summer internship funding programs cannot be the recipient of any other compensation from the College or another source associated with the college for their internship. Examples of this include:
- Posse Summer Stipend(Not the Posse Scholarship)
- EXCEL Scholars Program
- Rotary Club Summer Internship Award
- Certain Lafayette end-of-academic-year awards (List can be found here). Students cannot “double dip” by receiving our funding in addition to funding from a College department or award, therefore:
- You can still apply for a stipend. However, if an academic award comes with funding attached, the award amount will be taken into consideration when determining stipends.
- You are not eligible for stipend if your award includes funds that are specified for internship or experiential opportunities.
Please carefully read eligibility requirements, application instructions, and committee evaluation criteria and view our application process tutorial:
All required application materials are submitted through the Internship Stipend Application.
Required Application Components:
- Personal Statement (750 to 1000 words)
- Budget and Disciplinary Disclosure Form (pdf) (word)
- Internship Description
- Signed Internship offer letter on organization letterhead
- TWO letters of Recommendation
DEADLINE: Sunday, March 14, 2021 at Midnight (11:59 p.m. EST)
Application Review Process
- Applications are neither read nor considered until after the deadline; please use the application period to prepare quality documents!
- Late applications will NOT be considered.
- Students who are not chosen as a Beane Scholar (finalists or as) award recipients will automatically have their applications moved into the Summer Funding Stipend applicant pool.
- Funds will be dispersed in full within 4 weeks after we receive the recipient’s signed agreement.
For questions regarding this program, stop by The Gateway Career Center at 201 Hogg during office hours (8:45-5pm) or call 610-330-5115 or email email@example.com