What are the general eligibility requirements for all summer internship stipend programs?
- Applicants must be enrolled as a Lafayette student in fall 2022.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants with secured internships, unpaid internships, and under paid internships.
- The internship may not be part of an academic program abroad.
- Internships secured through a fee-based, internship placement service are not eligible.
- Applicants must be interning for an employer other than Lafayette College.
- The internship must be at least 240 hours.
- Applicants must be in good academic and social standing.
- Applicants may be doing the internship for Department credit or for
INT 200 credit. Contact the Registrar’s office or website for information.
- International Students MUST contact Janine Block for information about academic credit & CPT authorization.
- Students awarded funding through any summer internship funding programs cannot be the recipient of any other compensation from the College or another source associated with the college for their internship. This enables us to support students receiving NO funding assistance for their internship. Examples of this include:
- Posse Summer Stipend (NOT the Posse Scholarship)
- EXCEL Scholars Program
- Rotary Club Summer Internship Award
- Certain Lafayette end-of-academic-year awards can affect your candidacy (List can be found here). Students cannot “double dip” by receiving our funding in addition to funding from a College department or award, therefore:
- You CAN still apply for a stipend. However, if an academic award comes with funding attached, the award amount will be taken into consideration when determining stipends.
- You are NOT eligible for stipend if your award includes funds that are specified for internship or experiential opportunities.
- Students participating in an international internship outside of their country of citizenship are required to register their travel with International and Off-Campus Education. Registration includes international health and emergency insurance through On Call at a per week charge.
- NOTE: Placements in countries considered “high risk” by the College may require an additional petition process.
- Expenditures for an International Placement should be included in the applicant’s budget (immunizations, visa, travel to/from consulate to obtain a visa if required, international insurance through On Call – contact the Office for International and Off-Campus Education for current cost, etc.)
Please carefully read eligibility requirements, application instructions, and committee evaluation criteria included in the 2022 Summer Internship Stipend Application PACKET.
All required application materials are to be submitted through the Internship Stipend Application.
Required application components include:
- Personal Statement (750 to 1,000 words)
- Budget and Disciplinary Disclosure Form (pdf) (word) (Submit one for every proposed internship opportunity)
- Internship Description (Submit one for every proposed internship opportunity
DEADLINE: Sunday, March 21, 2022 at NOON (12:00 p.m. EST)
For questions regarding this program, contact The Gateway Career Center at 201 Hogg during office hours (8:45-5pm) by calling 610-330-5115 or email email@example.com