Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Intern to join our Channel Excellence team in our US Animal Health Customer Experience department located at our Duluth, GA office. As an Intern, you will contribute to meaningful assignments to deliver exceptional customer experiences and help us advance our digital and omni-channel marketing and sales capabilities. You will collaborate with teams across Customer Experience, Marketing, Sales, IT, Customer Care and others on important initiatives related to web, eCommerce, content management, campaign execution, and customer data management. You will be accountable for a specific set of initiatives or project deliverables that will be determined based on a combination of priority business needs at the time and your unique skillset and interests.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner with Channel Excellence colleagues to mature omni-channel capabilities.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities, roadmap development, and recommend core capabilities required to execute customer-centric digital tactics that drive commercial success.
- Provide internal consultancy, change management, training, and championing of best practices.
- Lead assigned initiatives that expand our multichannel capabilities, defining the plan and objectives, prioritizing deliverables, and ensuring successful execution.
- Review omni-channel analytics data and recommend updates to strategy, tactics, business processes or systems accordingly.
- Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
- Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
- Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.0 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up). If degree(s) have been previously received, only the current enrollment will be taken into account.
- Major must be related to the field of internship.
- Must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States without restriction.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong learning agility, with observation and active listening skills
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivator, focused on delivering solutions for business benefit
- Passion for creating great customer experiences
- Understanding of marketing and sales channels such as eCommerce, Web, Mobile, Email, Media and Field Sales (preferred)
- Ability to interpret reporting and analytics to surface insights (preferred)
- Experience in Digital Technology, Marketing or Customer Facing roles (preferred)
- Project management skills, gathering requirements, creating plans, defining scope and translating business needs into technical specifications and coordinating execution (preferred)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person’s actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.