Kennedy Jenks provides engineering and scientific solutions for innovative water and environmental projects since 1919. We deliver exceptional service and highly qualified professional staff to solve the unique challenges of public agencies and private industry clients across the United States.
If you are interested in making an impact in the quality of life and the environment, then Kennedy Jenks is the place for you. We are currently seeking a Staff Engineer, Geologist or Scientist in our Princeton, NJ office.
What you’ll be doing:
You will work in the environmental consulting industry on a variety of projects and tasks including:
- Groundwater and soil sampling to support environmental site investigations
- Documenting field observations, recording and analyzing technical data
- Using, calibrating, and troubleshooting field instrumentation
- Assisting in the development of technical reports, including writing and data analysis
- Developing figures and tables in support of technical reports
- Coordinating with laboratories and other subcontractors
- Collecting and analyzing technical data for investigations and remediation sites under direction of a project manager
- Operating and maintaining remediation systems
- Traveling frequently to project sites and other Kennedy Jenks offices
If you are safety-focused, technically strong, have exceptional communication and organizational skills, are comfortable with a fast pace, and have a client-service perspective, you will thrive here.
Depending upon client requirements, this position may be subject to drug testing before starting work at the client site and randomly thereafter.
What you’ll need:
- BS or MS in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology (or similar engineering or scientific discipline) from an accredited four-year college or university
- Relevant experience or internship
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to travel frequently
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
Preferred Qualifications, Expertise, or Interests
- Field and environmental sampling experience
- Environmental drilling experience
- Environmental remediation systems
- Soils characterization (USCS)
- Knowledge of governing environmental federal and state regulations
- Technical writing
- Data Management
- Risk Assessment
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training
As an employee-owned firm, Kennedy Jenks offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. Kennedy Jenks provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Kennedy Jenks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.