This position resides in Market Pricing and works alongside one of our IT rating teams to validate the accuracy of pre-production auto and homeowners insurance rates across multiple systems. The primary responsibility in this role is to program and maintain rating engines and build the data required for the rating engines to function. Secondary responsibilities involve preparation of data and assisting with research and analysis. This is a job that requires SAS and SQL expertise, a solid understanding of transactional databases, strong problem-solving skill and a focus on details.
This position is not sponsorship eligible. Salary commensurate with experience $85,000 – $110,000 yearly
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with related experience in Analytics and Programming
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2+ years’ experience writing complex SAS and SQL queries
- Experience performing analysis or programming
- Experience programming raters with accuracy in Excel, SAS, SQL, Java, etc.
- Experience using SAS macros to efficiently write code
- SQL skills, understanding of database programming and ability to build complex data from scratch
- SAS language skills especially processing transactional data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills when dealing with both technical and non-technical business partners, analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Self-motivated, taking ownership of work and comfortable in role as subject matter expert. Solid organizational skills with a commitment to accuracy and high attention to detail