IT ALL STARTS WITH A GREAT INTERNSHIP.
Join our award-winning team this summer, as you get real-world experience with one of the most diverse, inclusive Fortune 500 companies in the U.S. With flexible schedules and hybrid options, we work with you to start kickstarting your career in finance.
JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM
Northwestern Mutual is the only company to be recognized as a top 100 internship program for 26 straight years. Plus, this year in 2023, Vault ranked us #4 within the financial services internships and best internships for real-life experience. They also ranked us in the top 10 for overall career development. Sound like something you’d like to be part of? Let’s get started.
NOT YOUR TYPICAL INTERNSHIP
Our training program will help you:
- Start building the foundation in finance, insurance, and sales that will help you deliver excellent financial security to your clients.
- Lay the foundation for a client base and a successful practice, with support from your office colleagues and the company. At Northwestern Mutual, you’ll work for yourself but never by yourself.
- Gain real-life experiences while earning performance-based compensation. Our attractive reimbursement program for professional studies can lead to a professional designation for interns who go full time.
Northwestern Mutual, one of the “World’s Most Admired” companies according to FORTUNE® magazine, has helped clients achieve financial security for more than 159 years. The company focuses solely and directly on its clients and seeks to deliver consistent and dependable value to them over time. Northwestern Mutual and its subsidiaries offer a holistic approach to financial security solutions including life insurance, long-term care insurance, disability insurance, annuities, investment products, and advisory products and services.
Our Northwestern Mutual office in the Philadelphia area is rapidly expanding and currently seeking energetic financial sales representatives to continue our ambitious growth plan serving the greater Philadelphia areas. Northwestern ranks #114 on Fortune’s 500, was named the “World’s Most Admired” life insurance by FORTUNE magazine, “Best Place to Launch a Career” by Business Week and recognized as one of the best places to work in America by Glassdoor.com.
Job Description: Interns with the Northwestern Mutual Financial Network have the same opportunities to build their careers as full-time representatives. Supported by our network of specialists, training programs and mentoring opportunities, interns have access to the resources, products and assistance they need to help their clients and build their practices.
Like Financial Representatives, interns strive to understand their clients’ goals and visions in order to uncover financial solutions that put them on a path to success. Financial Representative interns are in business for themselves – but they’re not alone to uncover financial solutions that put them on a path to success.
Accolades, Ratings and Assessments:
• Northwestern Mutual continues to have the highest financial strength ratings awarded to any U.S. life insurer by all four of the major rating agencies, with continued stable outlooks: AM Best Company, A++ (highest), April 2020; Fitch Ratings, AAA (highest), May 2020; Moody’s Investors Service, Aaa (highest), July 2020; and S&P Global Ratings, AA+ (second highest), June 2020. Third-party ratings are subject to change.
• The Northwestern Mutual Financial Network was named as having One of America’s Top Ten Internships for 2023 by Vault Guide to Top Internships, 2023 edition. It has held this rank for 26 consecutive years.
Opportunity: Your local network office provides tools, resources and training to help you discover and build your markets to develop a successful practice as a Financial Representative intern. At Northwestern Mutual we believe training is a process, not an event. Can you envision a life of real world compensation, freedom and calling your own shots? Many college students cannot. The Northwestern Mutual Financial Network internship is a valuable opportunity for students to combine classroom learning with a real-life look into what they could truly make of themselves.
For more information, visit our website at http://nmfn.com.
Preferred qualifications: To be considered for the position, you must be a full-time student at a four-year institution. You must have strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated and have a history of personal success.
Northwestern Mutual is annually honored as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies” in the life insurance industry according to FORTUNE Magazine’s annual survey. Since 1983, FORTUNE magazine has surveyed industry executives and analysts 38 times to identify the companies that are among the “Most Admired” in their industry, 38 times, Northwestern Mutual has earned that distinction.
Northwestern Mutual is annually ranked as one of the “50 Best Companies to Sell For” by Selling Power Magazine and recognizes as the best company to sell for in the financial services industry. Business Week recently recognized Northwestern Mutual as one of the “Best Places to Launch a Career”.
Northwestern Mutual named “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor.com (Ranking #1 in our industry).
Ranking organizations that excel at training and leadership development, Training magazine ranked Northwestern Mutual among its “Training Top 125”.
Ranked among the Top 10 independent broker-dealers as measured by total revenues by the leading investment industry publications: Investment News; Financial Advisor magazine; Financial Planning magazine; Investment Advisor magazine.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch