USA for UNFPA, established in 1998 and headquartered in New York City, is the US national committee for UNFPA, the United Nations sexual and reproductive health and rights agency. We work to achieve zero unmet demands for contraception and family planning services, zero preventable maternal deaths, and zero incidents of violence toward women and girls, including harmful practices like child marriage and female genital mutilation.
Under new leadership, USA for UNFPA has developed an ambitious strategy to raise $100 million for UNFPA’s lifesaving work by 2030. As part of that effort, we are seeking to grow our team.
TITLE: Digital Content Associate
REPORTS TO: Director of Digital Fundraising & Engagement
LOCATION: Hybrid + New York (strong preference to be in Northeast region)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
SALARY RANGE: $45,000 – $55,000, based on the candidate’s experience, skill set, education, and other criteria.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Fundraising and Engagement and in close coordination with the Communications Officer, the Digital Content Associate will be a key member of our growing marketing team with a focus on end-to-end content creation and distribution including: calendaring/concepting, drafting, designing, and launching content on digital channels.
This includes: Managing our website (usaforunfpa.org) and social media accounts, and supporting the marketing team with copywriting and digital design on email, paid media, and blog channels as needed.
This a perfect role for a digital professional (designer/social media manager/copywriter) with 1-3 years of experience who is looking to broaden their skillset and build expertise across a wide array of digital platforms. This is a multi-channel digital role, with a wide range of responsibilities and opportunities for growth. If you feel you could be a strong applicant, we encourage you to apply — even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Social Media Management (50%)
- Manage all social media accounts on a daily basis, including posting and engaging with supporters
- Develop social media calendar for all the platforms and oversee content development process from ideation, to production, to launch
- Work with the USA for UNFPA staff to ensure current campaigns are reflected in social media content
- Identify and engage with social influencers and maintain social media community standards to build an active social community for USA for UNFPA
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, platforms, and strategy. Make recommendations regarding new and emerging social medial platforms and establish new platforms when agreed
- Serve as USA for UNFPA’s focal point to UNFPA’s global social media team
Website Management (30%)
- Work with Communications Officer to manage USA for UNFPA’s website and ensure the timely, accurate, and relevant publishing of content
- Work with Communications Officer on content coordination, ensuring cohesiveness in USA for UNFPA’s message and brand integrity across channels and that copy is SEO-friendly
- Support the technical infrastructure of the website, WordPress backend. and work with IT consultant on domain management, hosting, regular backups, and health checks
- Monitor core key performance indicators (KPIs) for channels, producing monthly and quarterly reports to optimize efforts to reach better results. KPIs include number of followers and engagement index on social media platforms, website views, engagement and bounce rates, and website conversion rate. Report on top-performing posts
Digital Content Creation + Management (20%)
- Draft copy for emails, blog posts, digital advertising, and other marketing collateral as needed
- Create digital graphic assets using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or other tools. These can include email graphics, full graphic emails, digital ad creative, GIFs, and more.
- Preparing digital content for launch on their respective platforms as needed
- Manage USA for UNFPA’s photo library
- Support with USA for UNFPA’s donation platform and update as required
- Complete other projects as required
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or relevant work experience
- Minimum 1-3 years of working experience in the areas of digital communication is required. This could include working as a social media manager, digital graphic designer, copywriter, digital media buyer, etc.
- Experience in writing engaging, compelling, creative copy for digital channels
- Experience running social media accounts
- Experience with software for static digital graphic design (e.g. Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva)
- Ability to interpret and analyze complex issues and representing such information in a clear and concise written manner for private sector audiences
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines and manage projects simultaneously with independence
- The best candidates will also have:
- Experience with technical website management, use of CMS platform (WordPress) and optimizing website performance
- Experience with traffic generation, including SEO
- Experience with social influencers
- An interest in sexual and reproductive health, global affairs, and current events
- Advanced design experience, with proficiency in video editing and production (including vertical video)
- Full-time employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision coverage; a 401(k) plan with employer contribution and match; a generous vacation, sick leave, and parental leave policy; paid holidays and more.
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible candidates must submit both a cover letter and resume by January 9, 2023, to USA for UNFPA at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Digital Content Associate” in the subject header.
USA for UNFPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Members of historically underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.