Greetings Faculty Partners,
As we all embark on this new semester, I wanted to wish you a smooth and productive start to the fall.
We have continued to develop our website over the past year, which offers personalized content, resources, tools, and opportunities to students. Last semester, we also launched a dedicated section with information for faculty, which can be found here. Additionally, as you may already know, Gateway distributes a weekly e-newsletter called Gateway Weekly which includes useful information for students, faculty, and staff. Please complete this form to join our mailing list if you would like to receive the Gateway Weekly e-newsletter Sunday afternoons.
The Gateway Career Center offers in-person and virtual one-on-one career counseling appointments to meet students’ needs. We are actively engaging with employer partners, and are working to develop a full semester of programming that aligns to students’ needs and interests. We appreciate your support by encouraging your students to connect with their Gateway Career Counselor early and often this year!
Here’s a sample of key programs and resources which may be of interest to you and your students:
- Gateway now offers Gateway Roadmaps and Gateway 8 competencies: The Roadmaps outline key steps students can take each year to build skills through academics, activities, internships, research and more. The Gateway 8 icons will appear on all career center marketing materials to help students identify competency development opportunities.
- On Campus Career Fair – Wednesday, September 20th, 5:00-8:00pm: A variety of employers recruit for internships and full-time opportunities.
- Handshake: Our online database of campus jobs, internships, and full-time opportunities. Handshake allows a student access to these postings 24/7. They can upload application documents, schedule & track on-campus interviews, and find career and graduate school guides and resources.
- Graduate School Resources: In addition to the more than 60 directories and resources in our Gateway Resources Library related to the graduate and professional school search, we have an extensive collection of online resources for graduate school, found here.
- January Externship Program: Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors can shadow alumni and parents in a variety of fields, including graduate school, to clarify their career goals. Students will spend two-to-five days gaining an in-depth look at a particular career field, industry, and professional environment. When applying, students will be able to choose to apply to in-person and/or remote externship opportunities. Application deadline is 12pm on October 27th. Read more about the program here.
- Career Tracks Program: (Open to all class years) These industry-focused experiences offer students a valuable opportunity to learn about different employers and career paths over the course of two-to-three days. Students will engage with industry professionals, expand their networks, and increase their awareness of career possibilities. More information is coming soon about this program.
The events section of our website will be continuously updated to reflect our fall programs and events. We look forward to working with you!
Associate Vice President, Gateway Career Center